Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) Committee
The Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) Committee will develop a statewide plan to close achievement gaps among elementary student groups in the STEM disciplines. The committee will:
- Analyze the achievement patterns of Minnesota’s students by gender, ethnic and socio-economic student subpopulations in these disciplines.
- Analyze the patterns of curriculum, instruction, teacher preparation, professional development, assessment, and learning environments in Minnesota that close or widen the achievement gap in STEM subject areas across gender, ethnic, and socio-economic subpopulations.
- Propose goals and benchmarks for tracking the progress of student subpopulations in these areas.
- Propose a STEM data dashboard with key STEM measures for tracking progress of student subpopulations on the goals and benchmarks.
- Suggest a coherent statewide strategy for closing the gaps in achievement among student subpopulations. Strategies for closing the gaps may include the areas of culture, curriculum and instruction, teacher preparation and professional development, assessment, learning environments, and/or others, as appropriate.
Download list (PDF format)
2011 MN STEM Achievement Gap Strategic Plan (PDF format)
return to Working Groups